Cedar Point Consulting offers certified and non-certified agile courses for many agile approaches, known as frameworks, including Scrum, Kanban, SAFe®, DevOps and Lean Startup. Our students have earned a 95%+ exam pass rate for certified courses we have delivered, while we have earned a 90%+ net promoter score from our students due to the high quality of our training.
Not sure which course is right for you? Read about each agile course below to learn more.
Often, the best place to start your agile journey is learning about agile. Our two agile courses – “Agile Foundation” and “Agile for Leadership” help staff and leadership alike to understand and begin to explore the world of agile.
- Agile Foundation: Curious to know what agile is and how to leverage agile at your job? This half-day course introduces you to agile so you can begin to apply agile thinking on the job and further explore ways to be agile at the workplace. It includes introduction to some of the most popular agile approaches, known as agile frameworks.
- Agile for Leadership: One of the biggest challenges that organizations face is finding leaders to lead the change by adopting agile. This half-day course introduces executive and leadership to agile, helping them to see how agile might fit in their organization and whether it might be successful.
Cedar Point Consulting provides certified and non-certified agile courses in Scrum, a team framework that helps people to solve complex, adaptive problems creatively to deliver high-value products and services. Our Scrum Courses include:
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) / Scrum Master: As a servant leader of the Scrum Team and the keeper of Scrum ways, the Scrum Master is a key part of successful Scrum at almost any organization. Depending upon your needs, we offer a two-day Scrum Master class that can either be delivered without certification, or with certification by Scrum Alliance as a CSM (exam required).
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) / Product Owner: With a vision for a product in mind, the Product Owner guides the direction of product development, ensuring we build the right thing. As such, the Product Owner is another one of the three key roles on the Scrum Team. Depending upon your needs, we offer a two-day Scrum Product Owner class that can either be delivered without certification, or with certification by Scrum Alliance as a CSPO.
- Scrum for Teams: When a great product is built, you can thank the Scrum team. Together, members of the Scrum team make sure we build the product right, ensuring it is potentially releasable and high quality at the end of each Sprint. To increase understanding of Scrum among team members, we offer a one-day and two-day “Scrum for Teams” course that helps team members practice Scrum the right way.
Lean practices revolutionized manufacturing, catapulting companies like Toyota to the top of the automotive industry as leaders in production and quality. Kanban harnesses aspects of Lean by visualizing work via the Kanban board, improving the speed of delivery, eliminating waste and increasing coordination.
- Kanban for Teams: Learn how to apply Lean and Kanban with your teams through our “Kanban for Teams” one day course. You’ll learn about Kanban’s Lean origins, how to read and use a Kanban board, and how to manage flow using WIP limits, among other topics, readying you to be an active part of a team using Kanban.
- Kanban for Team Leaders: As the hub of a Kanban team, the Kanban Team Leader shares their knowledge of Kanban, manages the flow of work and facilitates triaging and replenishment activities. In this two day course, you’ll learn everything in Kanban for teams. Plus, you’ll learn how to set and adjust WIP limits; how to facilitate triaging, backlog replenishment, and Kaizen, or continuous improvement; and, how to establish a Kanban team.
Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®) Training
Are you ready to move beyond the team and scale Agile across your enterprise? One of the most popular scaling approaches is the Scaled Agile Framework, a technique for coordinating work across dozens to hundreds of teams that is used by more than half of the Fortune 100. Through our SAFe Program Consultants, we offer a half-dozen different SAFe® courses, including:
- Leading SAFe®: Geared toward preparing organizational leaders to lead the adoption of Scaled Agile, this two-day course culminates in the SAFe® Agilist (SA) exam and certification.
- SAFe® Lean Portfolio Management: Manage your portfolio the agile way via Lean Portfolio Management. This three-day Scaled Agile Course teaches you how to identify the value streams in your portfolio and how to manage that portfolio to align strategy with execution.
- SAFe® for Government Programs: Like Leading Safe® this special two-day SAFe® course introduces organizational leaders to SAFe® so they can lead change, but it also describes how to overcome challenges unique to agile in government.
- SAFe® Agile Product Management: Unharness the power of Design Thinking to create innovative, leading edge products and solutions. This three-day Agile Product Management course culminates in the APM exam and SAFe® APM certification.
- SAFe® DevOps: Embracing DevOps is more than just automating your pipeline – it’s building a close, collaborative relationship between development and operations so new features can be delivered quickly and In this two-day course that culminates in the SAFe® DevOps exam and SDP certification, learn how to succeed with your DevOps initiative through Culture, Automation, Lean Flow, Measurement and Recovery.
- SAFe® Product Owner / Product Manager: As the ones who guide product direction, the Product Owner and Product Management play key roles in our Agile Release Train. In this two-day course, you’ll learn how to serve as Product Owner and Product Manager, interacting with the teams and the ART successfully to continuously deliver value. Attendees are eligible to take the POPM exam and earn the SAFe® POPM certification.
- SAFe® Scrum Master: As agile scales to the enterprise, the Scrum Master remains a key player in the success of scaled agile by ensuring that each and every team practices Scrum successfully. In this two-day course, you’ll learn Scrum and you’ll learn how to serve as Scrum Master on an Agile Release Train. Attendees are eligible to take the SAFe® Scrum Master exam and earn the SAFe® SSM certification.
- SAFe® for Teams: The core of successful agile is the Agile Team. Through this two-day course, your teams will learn how to excel in a SAFe® environment, delivering value continuously as members of the Agile Release Train. Attendees are eligible to take the SAFe® Practitioner exam to earn the SAFe® SP certification.
Should you be interested, Cedar Point Consulting also offers training in Extreme Programming (XP), DevOps and Lean Startup. Contact us to arrange for training that fits your needs.